2013 Events Archive
- November 20-24, 2013, Ajahn Viradhammo. Ajahn Viradhammo is the senior resident monk at Tisarana monastery. Link to information page and Registration.
- Nov. 20, Dhamma Talk, St. John's Anglican Church.
- Nov. 21-24, 2013, Residential Retreat at the Dharma Centre, Kinmont.
- November 03, 2013, First Kathina Festival. at Tisarana monastery. Link to more information on Kathina Festival.
- September 5-8, 2013, Sangha Retreat held at the Dharma Centre, Kinmont, Ontario.
- Aug 23-25, Dharma Centre - Community Work Weekend: The Dharma Centre has need of attention in multiple small ways. Contact Christine Atrill.
- Saturday, August 17, 2013, Thich Nhat Hanh in Toronto sponsored by local Sanghas in cooperation with Plum Village Communities.
- August 10, 2013, Impermanence Meditation sponsored by the Buddhist Place.
- July 28, 2013, Vassa Aradhana, (Rains Retreat Invitation) at the Tisarana Buddhist Monastery. Link to more information on Vassa Aradhana.
- June 22, 2013, Garden Party/Fund Raiser sponsored by True North Insight Sanga, Toronto, Ontario. Join the Toronto TNI Sangha in celebrating Molly and Norman’s birthdays and help us launch a retirement fund for them. Contact True North Insight.
- May 25, 2013, Buddha Day (Vesak). Buddhists all over the world commemorate: The birth, enlightenment and the passing away of Gautama Buddha.
- May 11, 2013, Garage & Plant Sale
- Sunday, MAY 5, 2013, Work Party and Indian food by Meena at Northumberland Heights Retreat Centre PHOTOS
- April 20-22, 2013 - Lama Lena is a female teacher of Direct Mind Perception meditation with 40 years of experience; sponsored by the Dharma Centre.
- March 29 - April 7, 2013, Meditation Retreat, with Ajahn Viradhammo. Held at The Ecology Retreat Centre, Hockley Valley. Sponsored by The Theravada Buddhist Community. Contact: Jim Howe.
- February 23, 2013, Annual General Meeting.
- February 3, 2013, Sunday, Day of Mindfulness at Northumberland Heights Retreat Centre.
- January 12, 2013, A MidWinter Feast sponsored by Wisdom Path Canada and The Buddhist Place, in support of Lama Lhanang Rinpoche. He has recently announced his intentions of moving to Canada.
- Nov. 29 - Dec 2, 2012, the Buddhist Place hosted a Residential Retreat at the Northumberland Heights Retreat Centre with Ajahn Viradammo
Ajahn Viradammo on alms round at Tisarana during Vessak Ceremony, 2013.
The Buddha told us to see the way things are and let go of our clinging to them. Take this feeling of letting go as your refuge. — Ajahn Chah